In the past few years, workforce in IT industry has become more demanding in the market. This is partly due to the COVID-19 outbreak forcing all organizations to change their working style from working in the office to working from home. Many organizations have to prepare their environment and technologies to support this new working style as quickly as possible in order to prevent their businesses from facing any obstacles. A low-code platform is another option that many executives have started to use in business development.
Low-code platform is a platform that provides the graphical user interface for software design and development with minimal manual coding, while accelerating delivery of business application efficiently. At present, there are many popular low-code platforms e.g., OutSystems, Mendix, Microsoft PowerApps, Google App Maker. A key feature of these platforms is that they are designed to allow developers to simplify their software development process by using flow commands with Drag & Drop interfaces or visual development.
Benefits of low-code platform
- Speeding up your software development as the low-code platforms mostly provide Drag & Drop features. There is no need to waste time in coding, so comparing with high-code development, using the low-code platform enables software development faster.
- Reducing costs as you don’t need to rely on only professional developers.
- Agility in system development as developers have no need to stick to just one programming language. By using the low-code platform capabilities, you can develop a variety of applications and respond to the market changes much faster than traditional coding method.
- Responding to changing customer needs. Current businesses have to deal with constant market changes quickly in order to survive. Many companies now begin to shift towards digital transformation and the low-code platforms enable the companies to step into the digital era smoothly.
- Supporting software modification and enhancement promptly. Changing or adding any functions in the application can be done even by non-IT users because the low-code platform provides flow chart structure supporting easy modification without IT support.
- Allowing anyone to create software because low-code development is easier to learn than high-code, so employees in the companies can create simple applications.
A low-code platform sample that is popular among many organizations is OutSystems. According to the market research of Gartner, OutSystems has been recognized as a leader among low-code development platforms for many years. You can watch the following video for more details.
In Thailand, there are many reasons the low-code development platforms have become increasingly popular in many organizations. For example, the shortage of software developers, the needs to build software faster and to respond to changes in customer’s requirements in a short period of time. Consequently, the low-code platforms become an alternative and an important step for organizations to achieve digital transformation success.
iCONEXT Company has a system developer team with knowledge of low-code platform to develop software for customers. If you want more details, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.