Meaning of UX/UI Design
- UX stands for User Experience. It is a user experience designed for the highest user satisfaction, such as ease of use, clear steps to interact with, making users impressed and want to use the applications again.
- UI stands for User Interface. It is a design to connect users with the system or the product. UI design focuses on graphical layout of the application such as images and buttons layout, font size, etc.
UX/UI Design Elements
UX Design has processes and concepts of design as follows.
- Design Thinking : Design Thinking is a process to focus on understanding users’ problems and design the application to meet the users’ requirements as much as possible.
- Service Design : Service Design is to apply Design Thinking to design a service. It focuses only on the services by considering the experience of all involved persons to create an efficient and consistent system from the beginning to the end of the process with the concept “Don’t speak just do it”.
- Design Sprint : Design Sprint is a process to systematically resolve problems of the product or service that has been launched to the market. An advantage of the design sprint is its speed. It takes just a few days for each sprint to solve the problems.
- User Centered Design : It is a process focusing on the users and their needs. Users are involved throughout the design process and assess the outcomes together with the designers.
UI Design has the following design elements.
- Information Design : It is the design process focusing on presenting information to make it easily understood by users and sorting the information accurately.
- Interaction Design : This is the design process considering the interaction between a user and a product. It focuses on the accurate response and facilitates users to reach their goal quickly. For example, the user presses the volume down button then the sound fades. Or the designers use the suitable words on the designed screen, so users can understand the meanings immediately and know how to interact with the application.
- Information Architect : It is a systematic arrangement of data and grouping the data accurately so that users know how to access the information quickly, for example, providing a sitemap.
- Visual Design : It focuses on presenting visual images to achieve the beauty of all elements such as positioning, colors, and text for users to understand easily, such as creating info graphics.
- Human Computer Interaction : This is fundamental to learn good UX/UI design because the development started from using computers through the complicated command line until it became a colorful GUI with beautiful appearance and easy to use. And at present, it is still being developed continuously.
Benefits of good design
Everything needs design. Products, services and software applications haven’t been designed only to be usable, but those designs need to be standardized to bring a good experience for customers and bring them to buy or use those products, services or applications again. Benefits of design can be categorized into 2 groups as follows.
- Accuracy: Build an accurate workflow to bring about the results desired by the users.
- Satisfaction: Improve user satisfaction and make them want to use it again.
These 2 benefits come together because if we design UX/UI then users can use it correctly and they are satisfied with it, we can assume that it is a successful design.
Impact on users due to bad UX/UI design
- Users have to spend more time on learning and understanding how to use the application or the product. As a result, users are upset and do not want to use it again.
- Loss of opportunity or assets, for example, a design that confuses users can bring about users misunderstanding and may cause damage to the users.
In conclusion, we should pay attention to the design to build an accurate process which is easy to understand and brings satisfaction and impression to users.